Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Monday, January 3, 2011

peace-out 2010.

1 year
12 months
52 weeks (or is it 53?)
8,760 hours
FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED MINUTES
(Insert RENT theme song here)

Looking back I cannot believe a year has passed since THIS POST. Last year I decided I was through with New Year’s Resolution lists, also known as the list that leads to failure or how I make myself feel bad by March 1st every year. I wanted to live 2010 more openly and more creatively.

I WON!
I DID IT!
For the first time in my 34 years I actually succeeded.

And man it feels good!

2010 held a hell of a lot of CHALLENGES, buckets of CHANGE (not the jangling kind-the painful kind) and many, many BLESSINGS. I had people affect my life that I would care to never see again and made friends whom I hope will be in my life for as long as they can lovingly tolerate me! I have been open to other people and the way they do things (even Mr. Man a time or two, I’m still working on that one.  He has been right more, lately...thinking that's more about me than him...hmmm). I have written more, opened myself up more and been less perfect out in the open.

Result?

A blissfully open and creative life.
(For the most part-I mean, really-who’s perfect?)

It’s been amazing and freeing. I did lose some of those pounds I wanted to get rid of. I did change some habits I had been meaning to change and I made more money than the year before but the list was never the focus.

So as I sit down to write out my new focus for 2011 I raise a glass to 2010 and am secretly glad it’s over!  It’s time to refresh and renew and move on!

Check me out Wednesday for the new plan!
(GASP-I didn’t mean PLAN plan, we all know what happens when McGee makes a plan...God's laughed enough lately!)

-McGee

No comments: