Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011? Oh. I got this!

Goals?
Not exactly.

Plan?
Too concrete.

Trying to think of what to call my replacement for New Year’s Resolutions. Last year worked out so well for me that I’m going double or nothing! Rather than produce a list of potential failures I decided, on good advice of my brilliant friend SARAH, to choose how I wanted to live and who I wanted to be each year.

(Yes. That IS the sound of the sky parting and the Hallelujah chorus.)

This year I would like to live on purpose and chose wisely my focus’s. (Or foci? Choose what I focus on more wisely. That’s what I meant. I defer to the first English expert that comments me the correct correction.)

Remember THIS? It is time to live my life on purpose. Daily. Living on purpose means being an active participant in life, no victim, no “innocent” bystanding, just participating and doing it on purpose. It's about living, not just letting life happen to me.

And then there’s focus. I read this somewhere this year-can’t find where I got it from so if it’s from you feel free to speak up! Or maybe it’s Oprah. She’s my default. If it’s great and I can’t figure out where it came from…she’s a likely suspect.

At the end of the day you either focus on what’s tearing you apart or you focus on what’s holding you together. Either way-it’s a choice.

Such an Ah-ha moment. Either way It’s a choice! Choose to focus on the haters or focus on the support people. Focus on the drama or focus on the joy.

IT. IS. A. CHOICE!

So 2010 peace out girl scout!
2011 Bring it on baby!

Focused and On Purpose.

It’s going to be a good one, I can feel it.

-McGee

No comments: