Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Mini-McGee makes me older.

Memorial Day reminds me of one thing

And one thing only…

The first time I was more than 9 months pregnant
And SO ready to burst.
I can’t believe it’s been 15 years!

It’s so odd to have a child so much like me.
I look at her and feel every moment of high school all over!
It’s like my heart walks around all day outside my body.

Although it should be said, for sure,
This kid has her head screwed on far tighter than I did,
And her grades are not reflective of her genes!
I was smart but lazy.
Mini McGee is smart, lazy with chores...
But crazy diligent with her school work.

I catch glimpses sometimes of the woman she is becoming
(I can already see her cringing reading this)
And it’s an incredible sight.

Mini-McGee is…

A brilliant, beautiful, athlete.
Fun to be around with a silly giggle.
Has incredible hair I would pay to have.
Is often wise beyond her years,
And yet fantastically happy being just 15.
A leader.
A loyal friend.

And my favorite 15 year old in the world.

Can’t wait to see what comes next.
This girl will do something, peeps!
Mark my words.
I’m a fan and a believer!

Happy birthday sweet girl!

-McGee

No comments: