A gratitude day is in order.
Not always for any particular reason, sometimes it's just a reminder.
So today I'm grateful for...
- Eleven little girls who trust me when I tell them where to go on a softball field, when to swing and how to have the most fun in the dirt. As well as their eleven sets of parents who trust these girls to me twice a week!
- Laughter at the dinner table. Serious laughter. The ugly kind, when our nearly 17 and nearly 15 year old daughters are laughing with me (*not AT me) so hard that the three of us are in various states of crazy goofy faces while trying not to spit water out of our noses.
- Mr. Man who still makes me laugh. Intentionally or not. Nearly every day.
- Good books. If you know a girl, work with a girl, are a girl or have a girl...read "Lean In" by Sheryl Sanderg. Now. Like for real.
- My extended family. I can't pick you, you didn't pick me, but we're in it for the long haul and for that, I am eternally grateful!
- My immediate family of six amazing kiddos and my dear, sweet, hillarious hubby. They are the reason I wake up (mind you-SUPER early for this non-morning person) and the people that keep me moving all day long. I am one lucky mommy.
- Friends that will let me whine, call me out and put up with my nonsense.
- A great house.
- A dog who loves me, even when I'm not as sure that I love her.
- Enough money to pay the bills, enough love to keep going and enough faith that life will always work itself out, jerks will always have to live with themselves, and that I can be as happy as I choose to be.
Tonight, life is good.
If you're not feeling the same, make a list, a gratitude list.
It will turn that frown upside down.