Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Little Miss is officially a teenager!

When I started this blog I didn't want to be a "mommy bogger"
Now-don't throw anything at me.
There is nothing wrong with blogging about being a mom.

It's just not what I set out to do in THIS space.
But along the way I realized that I am the sum of my parts.
And a large part of who I am is a mommy!

So hold on to your shorts...it's birthday month in our house and I have some birthday blog bragging to do about our babies!

So today I realized...I now have TWO teenage daughters.
Litte Miss has crossed the road and is now officially 13.

Warrents a top ten list, dontcha think?

Top 10 Best Things About Little Miss:

10.  She is the bomb diggity in the kitchen!
9.  Little Miss is a giggly fun person to be around.
8.  She is a natural athlete!
7.  Little Miss is sharp and smart.  Really smart.
6.  She will play with her younger siblings for hours on end.
5.  Little Miss picks great friends-hard to do in middle school.
4.  She has an incredibly beautiful smile and it's contageous!
3.  Little Miss is spunky and walks to her own beat.
2.  She has a tender and very loving heart.

And last but not least...
This year she brought home a letter from a friend who wanted her to know that she appreciates how Little Miss doesn't really care what other people think and can just be herself.  Because of that, this friend is feeling less self conscious about herself and being around Little Miss makes it easier.

The number 1 thing I love about this daughter is her willingness to be herself and the space that allows the people around her to do the same.  She is a beautiful, talented, funky fun teenager that I am blessed to have as a daughter.

Happy Birthday Little Miss-you rock girl!!!
-mommy mcgee

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Happy Birthday Little Miss!