Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

40 by 40...McGee Style

Ok.
It's true.
I'm entering my 40th year.

It seems like a cliche reasonable time to reflect on where I've been and where I'm going and in my obsessive online searches research I've come across the idea of a 40 things to do before I turn 40 list.

Now, there aren't all earth shattering, high dollar, big deal things but they are all moments I would like to have over the next 365 days. And as I go I'll update and highlight the fun stuff!

My 40 by 40
  1. Enjoy a drink with a sphere ice cube.
  2. Learn to surf.
  3. Camp at the beach.
  4. Get to my lifetime goal weight.
  5. Take a hike in red mountains.
  6. Run a 5k.
  7. Paddle board.
  8. Take a family road trip.
  9. Take a yoga class.
  10. Road trip with Mr Man.
  11. Visit a museum.
  12. Get my substitute teacher credential.
  13. Outline my first book.
  14. Post 20 blogs.
  15. Have a Disneyland date with Mr. Man.
  16. Make something.
  17. Laugh with my mom.
  18. Watch a movie outside.
  19. Donate blood.
  20. Give $20 to someone who needs it more than me.
  21. Spend 24 hours alone.
  22. Treat myself to a facial.
  23. Send a card in the mail just because.
  24. Spend time with dad.
  25. Let it go-that thing that gives you anxiety. You know the one.
  26. Have coffee with a friend you haven’t seen in more than a year.
  27. Submit an article for publication.
  28. Ride a bike.
  29. Run the two mile route.
  30. Bake a strawberry rhubarb pie.
  31. Go to a Bingo night.
  32. Shoot a gun.
  33. Get dressed up for a night out on the town, dinner and a show.
  34. Throw a party.
  35. Send out Christmas cards.
  36. Decorate something at home using one of the pins on my Pinterest board.
  37. Play a piano. It’s been too long.
  38. Spend a day with my camera out. Not my iPhone camera. THE camera.
  39. Read a really great book. 
  40. Dare I say get a tattoo? Or at least decide on the tattoo.
I'll be making some changes around here and updating the look a bit, adding a section for my 40 by 40 and just generally getting all crafty on you so keep coming back...It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

shari said...

Will totally go hike red mountains, paddle board and take a yoga class with you at NIF! Can't wait to hear about the how the other 37 awesome things you have planned go this year!