Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Monday, October 7, 2013

1,094 days ago

1,094 days ago I was getting ready for bed about now.
Nervous and excited.
With plans set and things to do.

I had a hair appointment set for the morning
A new outfit picked out.
A ring in my pocket that was too big for my finger
But would fit his perfectly.
I had my Grandma's ring on my right hand
And a naked left hand for him.

The day was just right.
It was ours and ours alone.
We said our "I do's" just as we wanted.
The weekend following was better than any other,
An ocean get away to rival all others.

We had an amazing party with friends and family.
We celebrated all night long and felt loved and supported.
As did our kiddos as we officially became our B-squared family.
It was a party to be remembered!

It was a hell of a journey to get to that night, 1,094 days ago.
Three years later the journey has gotten better and better.

I never understood what people meant when they said they married their best friend, until I did.  Mr. Man is my go to, my best friend, my favorite adult to spend time with and the love of my life. I get it now.  We're not perfect, there are always good days and not so good days but there is no one I would rather go through life getting older and collecting wisdom with than Mr. Man.

You, my dear, are the best.
You've made our kids better human beings.
You make life more enjoyable.
And you make me a better mom, wife and person.

Everything I want is in your eyes.

I wanna be there when you're happy.
I wanna love you when you're sad.




Happy anniversary baby!
-McGee

No comments: