Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

girlfriends.

Call me crazy.
I have seven 14 year old girls in my living room for a sleepover.

And I'm loving every minute.

I was always awkward with girlfriends growing up.  I always had one or two but couldn't figure out how to really connect and the boys were more interesting to me.  (Big eye roll and sigh on THAT one)  It wasn't until I was a mom of two babies that I started to realize how important girlfriends might be.  And over the next decade, my girlfriends became my sanity and my lifeline.

So you can imagine my delight that my teenage daughters are learning that earlier than I did.  I'm hoping they will continue to hear me that high school is for finding your maid of honor, not your husband.  I hear these girls tonight make the most insanely dumb jokes and giggle over the silliest of things and my heart just swells.

It get's more and more challenging these days to connect with my girlfriends.  Spouses, boyfriends, kids, jobs, life circumstances and distance constantly get in the way of good, solid girl time.  But I know that at any given moment I can call one up and get advice, hear a silly story or vent about a bad day.

Girlfriends really do make the world go round.

Even if at age 14 they keep your mom up all night long.

-McGee

No comments: