Pull up a chair and dig in girl...I've been waiting for you!

Monday, September 19, 2011

the most loved kid.

Soapy D is now four and a half.
She splits her weeks between our house and her moms.

Tonight when I was tucking her in we were talking about how lucky she was to have two different houses. She grinned as wide as her little mouth would let her like she had a secret.  And then she said...

"I think that makes me the most loved kid because I have two families and a lot of people love me!"

In a day and age where blended families, single parent families and non-traditional families outnumber the rest and can sometimes be challenging or contentious, I am so glad this little girl has figured that out.  If nothing else, she understands that her two houses have a great deal of love for her in common.

This kid really gets it.

-McGee

No comments: